The Benefits of Opting For Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl has gone through many changes since the advancement of photographic and printing technology, as it can now be made to look and feel like real stone or even wood. In the past, vinyl was used primarily for areas in the home where dirt, moisture, and water were present such as the bathroom or the kitchen. This is because it is resistant to these things. Nevertheless, vinyl is now used everywhere because of its additional properties including durability and resilience. Vinyl flooring of any kind is going to last you over 20 years once installed in any residential space. There are countless benefits to opting for luxury vinyl plank flooring meaning once you have installed LVP flooring in any area of your home, you will not need to replace, refinish, or sand your floors for a significant period.
As implied by the name, LVP flooring or luxury vinyl plank flooring has a similar appearance to hardwood plank flooring. Luxury vinyl planks comprise of separate pieces of vinyl, which is why they look so close to the real thing. Luxury vinyl flooring is also exceptionally water resistant or waterproof. It should also be noted that LVP floors come in different grades and types with the cheaper ones exhibiting water resistance as opposed to being waterproof.
Advantages of Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring can cover a variety of home styles from contemporary to formal not to mention hard to fit flooring areas and spaces. Advanced modern LVP flooring technology also makes it possible to come up with different textures giving it a competitive edge over recognizable trends seen in other flooring materials. Whether you are looking for a textured stone tile look or a distressed hardwood plank look, you can find both styles with LVP flooring. They also come in all kinds of colors across the spectrum with varying shapes and sizes to choose.
- You can easily install LVP flooring on any level of a building, which includes basements. They offer a thinner flooring alternative to tiles or hardwood planks. Vinyl is also a lightweight material making it very easy to work with. It is particularly important that the subfloor for your LVP flooring is as clean and flat as possible for the best results. LVP is softer and thinner than other flooring materials so it can mold to uneven floor edges or even debris but you can avoid such potential issues by hiring a professional flooring installer.
- Luxury vinyl planks are softer in comparison to other flooring materials underfoot helping to reduce noise or sound. This makes opting for luxury vinyl plank flooring a highly attractive and practical choice for rooms with high-traffic. This type of flooring may also provide an antibacterial surface allowing the killing of bacteria upon contact. LVP flooring is warmer and softer compared to other flooring materials so it is more pleasant for pets and more comfortable to walk or stand on for longer
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring is much easier to clean and high-quality luxury vinyl planks will not delaminate, discolor, or chip. LVP flooring is more stable than wood flooring in terms of dimensional stability. This means it does not take up environmental moisture causing it to expand during the humid seasons or shrink up during dry seasons. Vinyl can also resist liquid spillage making it a more viable option in places where more moisture is expected such as laundry rooms, basements, mudrooms, and bathrooms.
- LVP flooring is an affordable flooring option with an added advantage of high quality thus giving you value for your money.
- Luxury vinyl flooring is a low-VOC (volatile organic compound) alternative not to mention it is CARB-II compliant as are other engineered wood flooring products of good quality. You can check whether a vinyl flooring product is appropriate for your home by looking at the FloorScore certification. This certification was developed to assess and certify flooring products and the quality of the indoor air in places where they are installed.
- LVP flooring is easier to clean and does not scratch as easily compared to hardwood. All you will need to do is mop and sweep occasionally. If you have pets or kids who are known to scratch the floor or drop things, then luxury vinyl plank flooring is the best choice for you. It is resistant to dents and scratches so you will not need to be as careful with it as you would with tiles or timber.
- With timber flooring, you may need to seal them after some years while tiles will require re-grouting after some time. However, when you opt for luxury vinyl planks, there is no need to worry about any of this. All you will have to do is make sure the floor is in the same condition as the day you first installed it by keeping it moisture-free.
At Dallas Floor & Remodel, we’ve built our business on remodeling people’s homes. We believe that starts in your home, not in some high-pressure showroom. From the simple to the luxurious, we’ve experienced it all and we can help you every step of the way.
Dallas Floor & Remodel provides flooring and renovations for the Homeowner, Real Estate Professional, 203K Contractor Services and select commercial projects. Our wide range of products and expert installers can make your dream project come true!